Men's Tennis Tops Redlands
The #3 ranked Williams Men's Tennis team continued its unbeaten spring Saturday with a win over #15 Redlands.
Williams got off to a hot start, sweeping doubles play. Bryan Chow and Trey Meyer recovered their form after a loss to Claremont-Mudd-Scripps yesterday with an 8-5 win at the top position. Felix Sun and Matt Micheli, and Kevin Shallcross and Will Petrie followed suit at numbers two and three to give the Ephs a 3-0 lead.
Trey Meyer was the only Eph to go to three sets in singles play. Meyer won his first set 6-2 but stumbled in his second. He would go on to win the third and decider 6-2.
Felix Sun blitzed his opponent in straight 6-0 sets, and Bryan Chow had a similarly impressive straight set victory, 6-2, 6-2. Matt Micheli rounded out singles play with a 7-5, 6-4 win at number three.
"We came out strong again in singles and doubles, but did a better job of finishing when we got the lead today than we did yestreday. This is a good Redlands team and a good win for us," commented head coach Dan Greenberg.
Williams will be in action again on Tuesday when they face off against UC Santa Cruz on the campus of Pomona-Pitzer.
1. Chow/Meyer (W) def Lipscomb/Bloom (R) 8-5
2. Sun/Micheli (W) def Jones/Cummins (R) 8-3
3. Shallcross/Petrie (W) def Nanda/Lenny (R) 8-2
1. Meyer (W) def Lipscomb (R) 6-2, 6-0, 6-2
2. Sun (W) def Cummins (R) 6-0, 6-0
3. Micheli (W) def Bloom (W) 7-5, 6-4
4. Nanda (R) def Weiss (W) 6-3, 6-3
5. Chow (W) def Dahl (R) 6-2, 6-2
6. Reynolds (R) def Petrie (W) 4-6, 6-2, (10-7)