Ephs Race Past Thoroughbreds
SARATOGA, NY-- The Williams Men's Tennis squad tallied a solid road victory Saturday, taking down Skidmore 7-2.
Williams led 2-1 after doubles play behind strong performances from their top two pairs. Bryan Chow and Trey Meyer won at number 1 8-5, and the team of Felix Sun and Matt Micheli took their pro-set 8-2.
Williams continued the momentum into singles play. Felix Sun and Zach Weiss were first off-court with matching 6-2, 6-2 wins. Will Petrie and Bryan Chow weren't far behind with straight set victories of their own. Sophomore Matt Micheli had to work harder for his win. Micheli won the first set 7-5, but fell in the second 2-6. He would go on to take the super tiebreak 10-8 and the match.
"We got off to a slow start in doubles but turned it around pretty quickly, which was good to see," commented head coach Dan Greenberg, "Zach [Weiss] and Felix [Sun] had really quality wins in singles which set the tone."
The Ephs will open conference play Monday when they travel to Hartford to face off against Trinity.
- Felix Sun/Matt Micheli (w) d. Miles Ransom/Danny Knight (s) 8-2
- Luke granger/Max bevan (s) d. Kevin Shallcross/Will Petrie (w) 8-6
- Loutsenko d. Meyer 6-2, 7-5
- Sun d. Granger 6-2, 6-2
- Micheli d. Ransom 7-5, 2-6, (10-8)
- Zach Weiss d. Hoblitzell 6-2, 6-2
- Chow d. Knight 6-1, 7-6 (5)
- Petrie d. Gabe Steerman 6-4, 6-2