CLAREMONT, CA – Dan Greenberg's third ranked Williams College men's tennis team opened their west coast tour with a 6-3 win over #22 Pomona-Pitzer.
The Ephs opened the match by taking the doubles 2-1 and then claimed four of six singles matches for their third win of the year against no losses.
The Ephs won at number two and number three doubles. At two doubles junior Matt Micheli and senior Felix Sun downed Chris Weichert and Kevin Wei 8-1. Pomona evened the match at one all when they captured first doubles.
Pomona did knot the match at two all when Conor Hudson defeated senior Zach Weiss at #3 singles in straight sets.
The Ephs responded impressively, however, by claiming the next three singles matches all in straight sets with Bryan Chow winning at #5, freshman Howard Weiss winning at #6 and Matt Micheli posting a win at #4.
The final Eph singles victory came from Felix Sun playing at #2. Sun won in three sets in the last match off the court, providing the final 6-3 margin.
Wednesday the Ephs will play two matches. At 8:00 AM PST they will play Hardin-Simmons at Pomona-Pitzer and then at 2:00 PM PST they will play California Lutheran.
Men's Tennis Summary (Pauley Tennis Complex - Claremont, Calif.)
2) Matt Micheli-Felix Sun (WC) def Chris Wiechert/Kevin Wei 8-1
3) Bryan Chow-Brian Astrachan (WC) def Connor Hudson/Connor Sutton 8-4
1) Chris Wiechert (PP) def. Richard Meyer 6-3, 1-6, 6-4
2) Felix Sun (WC) def Max Sabel 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
3) Connor Hudson (PP) def Zach Weiss 6-1, 6-2
4) Matt Micheli (WC) def Frankie Allinson 6-4, 7-5
5) Bryan Chow (WC) def Thomas Low 6-2, 6-0
6) Howard Weiss (WC) def Kevin Wei 6-3, 6-2