WILLIAMSTOWN-- The Williams men's tennis team returned to action on Saturday with a 9-0 win over Skidmore in their home opener of the spring.
Williams continued their momentum into singles play and were able to win all six matches. Matt Micheli lost his first set at number three, but he was able to recover in the next two, 6-1, 6-0. Howie Weiss needed two tiebreakers to win his match. Brian Chow won his first set and led 4-2 in the second when his opponent retired due to injury.
"Skidmore is a tough team and overall I thought we were solid today, especially the seniors," commented head coach Dan Greenberg after the match.
Next up for Williams is Vassar at home on April 12 followed by Amherst on April 14.
1. Schidlovsky/Meyer (W) def Sherpa/Knight (S) 8-3
2. Sun/Micheli (W) def Sanderson/Tang (S) 8-3
3. Chow/Astrachan (W) def Stearman/Epstein (S) 8-3
1. Meyer (W) def Sherpa (S) 6-1, 6-2
2. Sun (W) def Ransom (S) 6-2, 6-3
3. Micheli (W) def Knight (S) 7-6, 6-0, 6-1
4. Z. Weiss (W) def Stearman (S) 6-2, 6-3
5. Chow (W) def Sanderson (S) 6-2, 4-2 (ret)
6. H. Weiss (W) def Epstein (S) 7-6 (6), 7-6 (6)