WILLIAMSTOWN-- The Williams men's tennis team beat Trinity 8-1 in their final regular season home contest of the season.
Williams cruised in doubles play, taking all three matches comfortably. Brian Chow and Bryan Astrachan won their match at number three 8-1, and Felix Sun and Matt Micheli won 8-2 at number two. Alex Schidlovsky and Trey Meyer gave Williams a 3-0 lead with an 8-3 win at number one.
Williams won five of six singles matches, but two were in three sets. Matt Micheli lost his first set 6-3 at number 2, but recovered to take the next two 6-3, 6-4. Felix Sun won his first set, but needed to win the third in a tie break to take his match. Zach Weiss turned in a notable 6-1, 6-0 win at number four.
Head coach Dan Greenberg was pleased with the result: "this was a great match for the team and there was great support for our seniors on Senior Day. It was closer than the score and we were tough in closing out various sets."
Williams will conclude its regular season on Sunday when they travel to Tufts.
1. Schidlovsky/Meyer (W) def Carpenter/Mbithi (T) 8-3
2. Micheli/Sun (W) def Myers/Traff (T) 8-2
3. Astrachan/Chow (W) def Kemp/Pucci (T) 8-1
1. Meyer (W) def Carpenter (T) 6-2, 6-4
2. Micheli (W) def Mandel (T) 3-6, 6-3, 6-4
3. Sun (W) def Traff (T) 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 (4)
4. Z. Weiss (W) def Levin (T) 6-1, 6-0
5. Chow (W) def Mbithi (T) 6-3, 6-2
6. Segel (T) def Page (W) 6-3, 6-2