TEMPE, ARIZ. -- The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) has recognized Dan Greenberg's 2019-20 Williams College tennis team and eleven individual team members with ITA academic honors.
The ITA release noted, "Academia is a key aspect of the college tennis experience. Collegiate tennis players add to the rich intellectual community found on college campuses across the nation.
"Our student-athletes continue to exceed expectations in the classroom and on the court. In 2020, 958 Division III Men student-athletes were named an ITA Scholar-Athlete and 125 men's tennis programs were awarded the All-Academic Team distinction."
Eph head coach Dan Greenberg stated, "It was a crazy year but great to see our guys stay consistent with their academics. Eleven of our 12 guys were ITA Scholar-Athletes, which is an awesome stat and reflects the program's culture of really making the most of their experience at Williams."
Eph team members earning ITA Scholar Athlete honors this year include:
Jr. Austin Barr
So. Kirun Cheung
Jr. Calvin Chung
Fr.. Chase Cohen
So. Peter Frelinghuysen
Jr, Arturo Kam
Sr. Ben Lebowitz
So. Michael Medvedev
Sr. Ananth Raghavan
Jr. Noah Reich
Sr. Alex Taylor
· have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
· be listed on the institutional eligibility form
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
· have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
· all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
· all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year