Ephs Halve Game Againt Trinity 3-3

Ephs Halve Game Againt Trinity 3-3

Hartford, CT-- The Williams College Ephs (13-4-3, 8-4-2 NESCAC) took on the Trinity College Bantams (8-9-3, 5-4-3 NESCAC) this afternoon at Trinity in the second game of the weekend. Once again, the Ephs tied the Bantams after three full periods of play and five minutes of overtime, ending with a final score of 3-3.

Williams scored the first goal of the game at 11:43 into the first period when sophomore Gabi Montembeault scored a goal assisted by junior Mia Carroll.

At 6:48 into the second period, Williams sophomore Avery Dunn, assisted by Carroll and Amanda Reisman, scored the second goal of the game, bringing the score to 2-0 in favor of the Ephs.

Williams furthered their lead even more when Montembeault, assisted by senior Anna Fucillo and first year Bri Laycock, scored her second goal of the game at 14:01. However, Trinity was able to turn around and score soon after this goal when Bantam's Sierra Lee scored a goal at 14:30.

At 17:27 into the second period, Williams first year Delaney Szlezyngier was given a penalty for hooking, putting the Ephs on the penalty kill. During this power play opportunity, Camille von Steinber was able to score at 18:37 for Trinity.

Williams had to kill off another penalty at the end of the second period and into the third period when Williams senior Annie Rush was called for a hooking penalty.    

At 4:16 into the third period, Trinity's Katie Marsden was given a penalty for hooking, giving the Ephs their first power play opportunity of the game. Despite numerous good shots, Williams was not able to get the puck past Bantam's goalie Kai-Lilly Karpman.

At 9:30 into the third period, Williams senior Abby Brustad was given a hooking penalty. With some good saves from first year goalie Chloe Heiting, Williams was able to successfully kill off this penalty.

With less than a minute left in the game, Trinity pulled their goalie. This one man advantage gave the Bantams the opportunity to tie the game as they scored at 19:23 right before the end of regular time, forcing the game to go into overtime for the second time this weekend.

During overtime, the Ephs had around 17 second of power play time when Trinity's Olivia White was given a penalty for hooking at 4:43. However, neither team was able to score during overtime and the game ended asa a tie once again.

By the end of the night, Heiting had saved 36 of 39 Trinity shots while Trinity's Karpman saved 31 of 34 Williams shots.

"I thought we had some extended stretches, particularly in the second period, where we played some really good hockey", said head coach Meghan Gillis, "Then when Trinity pushed back I thought we played not to lose instead of playing to win".

The Ephs play their next game next Saturday at Oswego State.

Ephs Sweep Oswego State 4-1
February 10, 2019 Ephs Sweep Oswego State 4-1
Ephs Top Oswego State 3-2
February 9, 2019 Ephs Top Oswego State 3-2
Williams Ties Trinity 0-0
February 1, 2019 Williams Ties Trinity 0-0
Ephs Top Bowdoin Bears 3-1
January 4, 2019 Ephs Top Bowdoin Bears 3-1
Ephs Edge Endicott 4-3
November 20, 2018 Ephs Edge Endicott 4-3