RICHMOND, VA. -- The College Swimming and Diving Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) selected its Division III All-American team. Due to the cancellation of the 2020 NCAA Division III Swimming and Diving Championship amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, the CSCAA Board adjusted the selection criteria for each Division. In Division III, selections are based upon those individuals and relays selected to the championship and are members of the CSCAA.
This isn't the first time the association has adjusted All-America criteria. The first CSCAA All-America team was published in 1924, thirteen years before the first men's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championship. The first women's All-America team was published in 1975, seven years prior to the first NCAA Women's Swimming and Diving Championship. The Williams women won the first two NCAA DIII Swimming & Diving Championships offered. From 1975 through 1981 the All-America team was selected by a panel of coaches. In 1985 the honor was standardized around the NCAA Championships with the top eight finalists receiving first-team recognition and consolation finalists being named Honorable Mention.
Twelve Eph swimmers and one diver were honored this winter. Laura Westphal led all Ephs by qualifying for six events at the 2020 NCAA Championship.
2020 Eph honorees:
- Conforti, Caroline - (200 Medley Relay, 400 Medley Relay)
- Craig, Molly - (200 IM, 400 IM, 200 Free Relay, 800 Free Relay)
- Deardorff, Madeleine - (200 Fly, 400 IM)
- Delano, Casey - (100 Free, 200 Free, 500 Free, 400 Free Relay, 800 Free Relay)
- Kilcoyne, Samantha - (100 Fly, 200 Free Relay, 200 Medley Relay, 400 Free Relay, 400 Medley Relay)
- Maloy, Gwyneth - (200 Back, 200 Free, 200 Free Relay, 200 Medley Relay, 800 Free Relay)
- Matheny, Abigail - (500 Free)
- Mercier, Gabriella - (1-meter Diving, 3-meter Diving)
- Panitz, Georgia - (200 Free, 400 Free Relay)
- Wager, Amanda - (200 Breast)
- Westphal, Laura - (200 Free, 500 Free, 200 Free Relay, 400 Free Relay, 400 Medley Relay, 800 Free Relay)
- White, Caroline - (100 Breast, 200 Breast, 200 Medley Relay, 400 Medley Relay)
- Wolff, Veronica - (200 Fly, 200 IM)